Monday, January 5, 2015

Art Therapy



Trisha Leigh Shufelt Art 2015 
(LOL~I'm still putting 2014 on everything).


The past week has been an emotional roller coaster for me, and processing everything has brought to the surface a strange awareness.  I sat down and really focused on shutting out all the noise in my head.  I became aware of something observing my thoughts.  I know this sounds odd, but it made me realize this was my higher self doing the observing. I don't think I have ever really thought of consciousness in such a way. I know the Soul is a part of us, but I never thought of it in this context. What did it see?...This character.  So, I decided to paint her.  It reminds me of the Magician in Tarot, as above, so below. The Magician reminds us that all the tools we need are found within.  I saw a connection to the Universe and the spiral of life and creation.  The painting is obviously not finished, and I'm not sure what to call it.  Wish I majored in Art Therapy in College.

No comments:

Post a Comment