Saturday, October 15, 2016

Crazy Train

I feel like I've been on a crazy train.  I can't believe I haven't blogged anything since April.  From April to now, I've been wrapped up in several projects, shows and frankly, too much distraction.  I have a show tomorrow and one at the end of the month. After that, it is some much needed down time. I've even deactivated my personal page on FB.  Too much political garbage in my feed and I just need to take a break from it all.  I feel that unplugging will do me a great deal of good and hopefully open up the flood gates of creativity that seemed to have bogged up lately.  I am keeping my art page open, and do plan to re-open the personal page, but I'm not sure when.

Since April, I revamped my website and joined FASO.  It is a much more professional platform for artists. I've also been diving more into mixed media, abstract art and find this process very satisfying. I've been crafty, making various pieces, which explore a more spiritual side of myself and incorporate natural elements, such as shells and crystals (see pics below).  I repainted my studio and took care of some personal issues. Life is clipping along at a fast pace.  I'm also catching up on some Netflix shows that I've been wanting to see. I began exploring Soul Collage as a way to open up some inner dialogue. If you have any facilitators in your area, I highly recommend it. I also recently turned 47 and until that day was convinced I was only turning 46.  Somewhere between cancer and 47, I lost a year. People say that happens.  I now know what they mean. Despite the lost year, I'm feeling a renewed sense of health and strength. I don't know what direction I will be heading in 2017, but I'm trusting in the Universe. I know it won't let me down.





No comments:

Post a Comment