Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Angel of Silences

Since this the week for Angels, I decided to paint one.  It has been almost a year since my last angel and I wanted to do something very different in style from my usual work.  I sat for a long time and meditated on this one.  I asked if any angels, guides or elementals wished to be painted.  After a while, I saw her face.  She looked terribly sad, but as I began to paint her, I realized she is the deepest part of us.  She is the one that comes to us when we are fearful and in our darkest shadow; when we cannot find the words to say how we feel.  She comes to wrap her dark wings around us and remind us that even in the darkest of times, light still exists.  All we have to do is call upon her.  She is the Angel of Silences.

Angel of Silences


(c) 2014 Trisha Leigh Shufelt ART

She is now available in my etsy store. https://www.etsy.com/listing/214783264/original-painting-angel-acrylic-angel-of?ref=shop_home_active_1

Title inspired by the Counting Crows Song (Angel of Silences)

No comments:

Post a Comment